Author Topic: A Sponsor Helps Us Become Established  (Read 1669 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
A Sponsor Helps Us Become Established
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
 A sponsor helps us get established quickly in our Fellowship by explaining basic concepts and terminology and by introducing us to other members.

Or NA Twelve Step group’s unfamiliar language, customs, and ideas can be confusing to newcomers (“turn it over,�  “ninety in ninety,�  “easy does it,�  and “keep it simple,�  “addiction,�   for example). A sponsor can guide us through this confusion by explaining the Fellowship’s customs, concepts, and terms. By teaching us the language of recovery in NA,At NA meetings we introduce ourselves as addicts. When our members identify themselves as “addicts and alcoholics�  or talk about living “clean and sober,�  the clarity of the NA message is blurred. To speak in this manner suggests there are two diseases, that somehow one drug is separate from the rest, requiring special recognition. Our identification as Addicts is all-inclusive, allowing us to concentrate on our similarities not our differences.
our sponsor can help us understand the concepts and terminology of the NA program more quickly and help us feel part of it sooner.

Written \ Submitted by :
admin

Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .