Author Topic: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote  (Read 133330 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote
« Reply #1295 on: August 01, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       8/1/15

No matter how hard you attempt to control the people in your life, you will not find your fulfillment there. If they don't change, you will be frustrated; if they do change under your pressure, they will be frustrated.

If I look to others for fulfillment, I will never be fulfilled.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1294 on: July 31, 2015, 08:00:28 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     7/31/15

You don't have to pretend to be someone you are not. You don't have to pretend to be strong (if you're a man) or fem (if you're a woman). You don't have to pretend that you don't want to use, if you do. Share what is real. The real you is enough.

I am enough; there is enough.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1293 on: July 30, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote          7/30/15

Some members of the fellowship say 'Our mind is a dangerous neighborhood to be in alone.' But together we can be on block watch! Don't let your mind get the better of you. Turn that 'M' in me upside down, like we are asked to turn it over, and make a 'We' out of that 'Me.'

It isn't 'me' and 'you' anymore; it's 'we' and 'us.'

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1292 on: July 29, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     7/29/15

We do not believe in lemming recovery. Clement wrote 'faith must go hand in hand with inquiry.' If you do not 'get' something, ASK. Ask at meetings, ask a clean and sober friend, ask your sponsor, or ask your Higher Power in prayer.

The only stupid question is the one I don't ask.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1291 on: July 29, 2015, 08:06:23 AM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote         7/29/15

We do not believe in lemming recovery. Clement wrote 'faith must go hand in hand with inquiry.' If you do not 'get' something, ASK. Ask at meetings, ask a clean and sober friend, ask your sponsor, or ask your Higher Power in prayer.

The only stupid question is the one I don't ask.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1290 on: July 27, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       7/27/15

Unity in our program does not mean conformity. Unity means joining for a common purpose, despite our differences.

I can disagree without being disagreeable.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1289 on: July 26, 2015, 09:17:05 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote   7/26/15

The AA Big Book, The NA Basic Text, and the CDA First Edition do not need to be rewritten. They need to be reread.

I begin this day by reading at least one page from my program's basic book.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1288 on: July 25, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      7/25/15

Like the song says, 'I'll bet you think this song is about you? You need to get over yourself if you want to get over feeling sorry for yourself.

They're just doing it; they're not doing it to me.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1287 on: July 24, 2015, 11:14:54 AM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote   7/24/15

Resentment is from the Latin, meaning to 'feel again.' Rather than feeling that again, think of how it could have been worse, then be grateful it isn't. Once you get to the grateful part, you can't be resentful.

I cannot be grateful and resentful at the same time; I can't serve two masters

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1286 on: July 23, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       7/23/15

Each place along the way is somewhere you had to be to be here.
 ~Wayne Dyer

I cannot get ahead until I learn to be her

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1285 on: July 22, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      7/22/15

Earth Angels dwell among us and they will find you at the moment you need them. These are the people who know just the right thing to say and do to keep you focused on recovery and principle.

Some of my Higher Power's best work is done anonymously.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1284 on: July 21, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       7/21/15

When making amends, a subtle shift occurs in our thinking. We go from thinking we were a mistake to acknowledging we made a mistake.

I may make mistakes but my Higher Power doesn't and my Higher Power made me.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1283 on: July 20, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    7/20/15

Through the Fourth and Fifth steps we learn who we really are. Once we know who and what we are, we don't have to be what we were.

Today, I am myself. I am perfect for the part.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1282 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    7/19/15

Our program won't keep you from going to hell nor is it a ticket to heaven. But it will keep you clean and sober long enough for you to make up your mind which way you want to go.

My journey is my destination.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1281 on: July 18, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     7/18/15

Sponsors are lighthouses, not foghorns. We look to them to see how they do it, not depend on them to tell us what not to do. We already know.

I cannot improve if I only have myself as a model.