Author Topic: Develope an Attitude of Gratitude  (Read 2315 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Develope an Attitude of Gratitude
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:22:32 AM »
 8) 8) 8)  Some of the tools in your tool bag should be a Basic Text ,Just For Today meditation book ,It Works How and Why .A notebook to write important quotes you hear or read about The Higher should also present in our around you tool box ,but most of all listen to what is being said.   8) 8) 8)
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Develope an Attitude of Gratitude
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »
A very good tool to utilize . I was originally asked asked by my sponsor to do one once every two days and for the first little while it was ok and then I stopped doing it. Since Jan or Dec I have been doing one once every morning with a few people I exchange them with ; five things every morning . it can def help you get out of a funk and when at times I feel when Id like to use after making some calls to people i review my list for the day and the past little while and look at what I have to be greatful for 

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Develope an Attitude of Gratitude
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »

Develope an attitude of gratitude
"Develop an 'Attitude of Gratitude'."

I have a secret weapon in my recovery tool bag - the Gratitude List. Oh I know, you've heard all about gratitude lists, but when was the last time you made one? Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed, stressed or in fear, the fastest way out is for me to make a quick list of 50 things I'm grateful for.

When I mention this to people, their first reaction is 50?! If 50 seems like a lot to you, too, it's just because you're not in the habit of making gratitude lists. The secret is to list the things you're grateful for that are centered on what you are feeling anxious or fearful about.

For example, when I'm in financial fear, I list all the things around finances I'm grateful for. These usually include that today I have a place to sleep; my rent is paid; the electricity is working (and it helps when I think of all the people who don't even have electricity!); I have money in my pocket; I've always earned money and did so yesterday or last week/month, etc. This works for every topic, and after you get started 50 comes easy.

Today my life is good; I'm appreciative and I know serenity because I know how to develop and live in an attitude of gratitude

If I am not the problem....
then there is no solution...

Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .