Author Topic: Robbing The Newcomer  (Read 2012 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Robbing The Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
 8) 8) 8)  I really don,t like some of the practices with newcomers done by both men and women to newcomers.Let them learn ,don't try and get their pants off right away ,they may stay around if they are show a easy way of how NA works .  8) 8) 8)
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Robbing The Newcomer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »
What's your experience on the oldtimer sleeping with newcomers?
 A newcomer does not know whether they are going to stay in NA or actually buy into our program.  The new comer intimates what he/she sees because like our beginning we wanted to belong , so we fit in were ever it is the easiest ( romantic relationships) This is a fellowship of men and women, many will use it to meet their own needs whether it will cause harm or not.  After the pain one is false to seek his/her H.P. and work the program.  New comers should be protected and guided.  It is the new comer that assures us the program still works.  The new comer is needed. Imagine it there were no new comers. Would you still believe?  The new comer I got with with was a chronic relapser prior to me getting with him.  I fell in love and after a few years he relapsed and it took him seven yrs to get back, he had to go to  another state to recover and Ebony clearly stated my heart was broken for a long time.  I see now my part was I was needy and intimated by members with my same or more time. Thank you Ebony like you stated give the new comer a chance.  Gloria S. Bronx
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .