Author Topic: The Inner Journey  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Slice

• Administrator
  • Cant save your face and your ass at the same time.
    • navoices.com Welcome to WEcovery!
Re: The Inner Journey
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
LISTEN TO THE QUIET VOICE INSIDE

"To know how to choose a path with heart is to learn how to follow intuitive feeling."
-- Jean Shinoda Bolen
What ideas are teasing you these days?
Are you aware of any little gems floating around your consciousness these days? Charged little thoughts that beckon you to pay attention to them? Inspiration and intuition often bring powerful new ideas to us very subtly, very quietly. When you become aware of being teased by an idea, follow it!
"Get your ideas on paper and study them. Do not let them go to waste!"
-- Les Brown

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
HOW DO YOU PLAY YOUR ROLES?

"What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are."
-- Epicetus
When we are basically unconscious, we live according to social roles. We perform as sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, employers and employees, as society expects us to.
As we grow in awareness, we gain the freedom to bring our own unique perspectives to these roles. We can express ourselves authentically and creatively, without letting our roles dictate how we should behave.
"Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth."
-- Katherine Mansfield

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »
A FOCUS FOR PARENTS

"Parents: persons who spend half their time worrying how a child will turn out, and the rest of the time wondering when a child will turn in."
-- Ted Cook
One of our responsibilities as parents is to become independent of our children.
Andrew Schneider notes that many of us feel inadequate as parents because we assume we are totally responsible for them, but we are not.
Schneider says, "Their soul is in charge of their lives, and nothing that you do can greatly interfere nor greatly help. Who you are as a being and what you model is the important reality."
How specifically can we support our children? We want them to feel nurtured and valued. We want to support them in learning how to provide for themselves. And we want to help them build good relationships.
"The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them."
-- Frank A. Clark
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other, wings."
-- Hodding Carter

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 04:23:50 AM »
The 4 D's of spiritual growth
“Promise Yourself ... to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. ...To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.”
-- Drawn from the Optimist Creed of the Optimist International Club
Reflect on this pathway for meaningful growth:
DISCIPLINE - To create change in our lives, we need to consistently focus on what we want.
DETACHMENT - Practice the art of detached observation. Let go of automatic defenses and patterns.
DISCERNMENT - Seek to discern the lower from the higher. What is self-serving and what is soul-inspired? Discernment carries no judgment. There are no goods and bads. Remain as a detached witness.
DHARMA - This is an East Indian word meaning "living your unique purpose." How do you find meaning and fulfillment in ways that are natural to you? How do you best serve and contribute to the world?
"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears."
-- Glenn Clark

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
All is mind
"I want to know the thoughts of God; the rest are details."
-- Albert Einstein
Everything -- absolutely everything -- that happens in our lives has a spiritual cause. Events on all other levels -- mental, emotional and physical -- are only effects.
When we are struggling with any challenge, whether it be ill health, a lack of money, a lost job, relationships, an accident, whatever -- we need to look for the spiritual learning. We can ask ourselves, "What quality does my soul want me to live more fully?"
"If you start to think the problem is ‘out there,’ stop yourself. That thought is the problem."
-- Stephen Covey

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »
Believe in your unlimited potential
"You cannot see anything that you do not first contemplate as a reality."
-- Ramtha
How do you typically define yourself? Do you tell yourself and others that you are slow and methodical, that you have two left feet, that you are lazy, or unimaginative or that you can’t hang on to money?
In our unconscious self talk, most of us rarely say positive things about ourselves. List the positive and the negative ways you describe yourself. Then look over your list and contemplate how those definitions limit your ability to be cosmic in your outlook and performance.
"Belief has the word ‘lie’ in it... and that pretty much sums up what the world has us believing about ourselves."
-- Doug Firebaugh
"We are what we believe we are."
-- Benjamin N. Cardozo

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
Stretch yourself
"People are defeated by easy, victorious and cheap successes more than by adversity."
-- Benjamin Disraeli
Today’s social standard is one of mediocrity. The status quo rarely challenges our individual creative power.
Create a brand new world for yourself, one that meets your deepest needs. By doing so, you will help raise the quality of consciousness of the entire world. Use your imagination! Sing your own song!
"Success means fulfilling your own dreams, singing your own song, dancing your own dance, creating from your heart and enjoying the journey, trusting that whatever happens, it will be OK. Creating your own adventure!"
-- Elana Lindquist

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:05:46 AM »
What's your best routine?
“For all my good intentions, there are days when things go wrong or I fall into old habits. When things are not going well, when I'm grumpy or mad, I'll realize that I've not been paying attention to my soul and I've not been following my best routine.”
-- Robert Fulghum
How do you need to bring more balance to your life?
Robert Fulghum has shared, “The older I get, the more I realize the importance of exercising the various dimensions of my body, soul, mind and heart. Taken together, these aspects give me a sense of wholeness. I want to be a whole human being rather than one who limps on one leg because I don't know how to use all of my parts. Intellectual, emotional, and physical activity are not separate entities. Rather, they are dimensions of the same human being.”
"There is an Indian Belief that everyone is in a house of four rooms: A physical, a mental, an emotional and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room everyday, even if only to keep it aired, we are not complete."
-- Rumer Godden

Offline Slice

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:22:20 AM »
Create space
"All this talk and turmoil and noise and movement and desire is outside of the veil; within the veil is silence and calm and rest."
-- Bayazid al-Bistami
We need to create space if we desire to change and grow. Only in emptiness can meaning, intuitive guidance and truth arise.
Give yourself space by spending time in nature, taking an hour or day off, enjoying quiet moments for reflection. Take time to smell the roses. Breathe in the wonder of life and its bounty. Open so your deeper awareness and imagination can percolate through mundane thoughts and activities. Let go of both resistance and force to allow yourself to connect more deeply to life.
"I do only want to advise you to keep growing quietly and seriously throughout your whole development; you cannot disturb it more rudely than by looking outward and expecting from outside replies to questions that only your inmost feeling in your most hushed hour can perhaps answer."
-- Rainer Maria Rilke
"I am glad that so much movement happens in this stillness."
-- Richard Land

Offline Slice

• Administrator
The Inner Journey
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
Follow your own path
"Life is complex. Each one of us must make his own path through life. There are no self-help manuals, no formulas, no easy answers. The right road for one is the wrong road for another ... The journey of life is not paved in blacktop; it is not brightly lit, and it has no road signs. It is a rocky path through the wilderness."
-- M. Scott Peck
We each have our own pathways to develop both personally and spiritually. They are based on our character and past experiences. No one else can identify our paths for us. Tune in to your inner guidance system and follow its direction.
"What every man needs, regardless of his job or the kind of work he is doing, is a vision of what his place is and may be. He needs an objective and a purpose. He needs a feeling and a belief that he has some worthwhile thing to do. What this is no one can tell him. It must be his own creation."
-- Joseph M. Dodge