Author Topic: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote  (Read 123771 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote
« Reply #1310 on: August 26, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       8/26/15

In light of your recovery, when dealing with family and friends, you may have to make some unpopular decisions and enforce them. Be open to moving toward the middle of issues that don't com-promise your principles and going to any length for those that do.

My recovery is Twelve Steps past any lengths.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1309 on: August 17, 2015, 10:55:09 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote        8/17/15

How to share what it was like, what happened, and what it is like now. Be sincere. Be brief. Be seated.

When I share, I share to draw attention to the message, not the messenger
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1308 on: August 16, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    8/16/15

Another day of recovery begins and we start this day with surrender. 'From that point, each of us is reminded that a day clean is a day won. (P 86, NA Basic Text)

When I surrender; I win.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1307 on: August 15, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote  8/15/15

Sanskrit saying 'God sleeps in the mineral, awakens in the plants, walks in the animals, and thinks in you.' The Universal Source of life actually thinks in you. Use this well.

Every bad choice I ever made began with a single thought. Every good choice I ever made began with a single thought. I choose my thoughts carefully.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1306 on: August 14, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    8/14/15

Going to a lot of meetings is important, supportive, and full of fellowship. However, our program is not about meetings but what happens in between meetings.

Do I align my actions with the picture I paint of myself in meetings?

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1305 on: August 13, 2015, 08:21:43 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      8/13/15

People in our society stress that we ought to be happy. If you're not happy something is wrong, we are lead to believe. Yet, unhappiness is not a symptom of sickness, it is an expression of life, a natural reaction to situations we don't like. When shit happens, you don't have to like it.

I will not be unhappy about being unhappy.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1304 on: August 12, 2015, 05:54:49 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       8/12/15

When you continually don't like the way people treat you, it is usually because you are cooperating with the treatments.

The difference between me being a victor or a victim is ability. Response ability.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1303 on: August 11, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       8/11/15

If you have never experienced the results of working the Twelve Steps, no explanation is sufficient. If you have experienced the results of working the Twelve Steps, then no explanation is necessary.

I am the poster child for the miracles I cannot explain.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1302 on: August 10, 2015, 07:01:51 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote                8/10/15

We find that the smallest deed is better than the grandest intention.

My actions speak louder than words. What are my actions saying now?

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1301 on: August 09, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    8/9/15

'Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude.
 ~Martin Luther King.
Undoubtedly, there are many on your list to forgive. There is only one whom you must forgive that is yourself.'

Because my Higher Power forgives me, I forgive myself.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1300 on: August 08, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     8/8/15

Our lives become very different once we learn to magnify our blessings the way we have our troubles.

What I think about enlarges. Am I enlarging my blessings or my troubles?

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1299 on: August 07, 2015, 10:31:04 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     8/7/15

Who knows why they are chemically dependent? The answer will not change the fact, and yet many continue to question, why? Indeed, they need an answer, but they are asking the wrong question. The real question is, 'How can I become free? Free of the fear. Free of the pain. Free of the bondage.

I do not receive the right answer when I ask the wrong question.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1298 on: August 06, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      8/6/15

Before our recovery we used people and loved things and given recovery we learn to love people and use things. Things are not important, people are.

I treat others the way I would be treated.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1297 on: August 04, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote              8/4/15

You will be receiving many gifts from people in the programs: gifts of help, time, energy, possibly money, talents, and knowledge. You will never be able to pay them all back. You are not obligated to pay them back. You are obligated to pay them forward by giving away what you have when you can.

I appreciate the generosity of others and pay it forward when I am able.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1296 on: August 03, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      8/3/15

Our feelings don't define us, our actions do. We are not bad because we have a quick temper--but we learn that expressing that anger hurts others. The longer we keep our temper the more it improves.

I am only as big as the smallest thing that makes me angry.