Author Topic: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote  (Read 114970 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote
« Reply #1325 on: September 12, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    9/12/15

Friends and loved ones don't always behave as we expect them to. But this is a good thing. If friends and loved ones were absolutely predictable, that would mean they are not changing and if they are not changing, they are not growing.

I don't have to change friends if I understand that friends change
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1324 on: September 11, 2015, 07:54:49 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote   9/11/15

We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I cannot feel my way into better behavior, I must behave my way into better feelings.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1323 on: September 09, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     9/9/15

Take a breath and hold it. Take another and hold, hold, hold. You can see that you can't live on the inhale alone. The inhale is the breath of the program bringing you life. The exhale is you working with others.

I inhale healing for my soul and exhale hope for others.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1322 on: September 08, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       9/8/15

Daily meditation for about 20 minutes is recommended for all in recovery, unless of course, you're very busy then you should meditate for an hour.

May I be blessed with a slow recovery.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1321 on: September 07, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »

September 7  , 2015

Resentment and forgiveness

“Where there has been wrong, the program teaches us the spirit of forgiveness.”

Basic Text, p. 12

––––=––––

In NA, we begin to interact with the world around us.  We no longer live in isolation.  But freedom from isolation has its price:  The more we interact with people, the more often we’ll find someone stepping on our toes.  And such are the circumstances in which resentments are often born.

Resentments, justified or not, are dangerous to our ongoing recovery.  The longer we harbor resentments, the more bitter they become, eventually poisoning us.  To stay clean, we must find the capacity to let go of our resentments, the capacity to forgive.  We first develop this capacity in working Steps Eight and Nine, and we keep it alive by regularly taking the Tenth Step.

Sometimes when we are unwilling to forgive, it helps to remember that we, too, may someday require another person’s forgiveness.  Haven’t we all, at one time or another, done something that we deeply regretted?  And aren’t we healed in some measure when others accept our sincere amends?

An attitude of forgiveness is a little easier to develop when we remember that we are all doing the very best we can.  And someday we, too, will need forgiveness.

––––=––––

Just for today:  I will let go of my resentments.  Today, if I am wronged, I will practice forgiveness, knowing that I need forgiveness myself.

Copyright © 1991-2015 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1320 on: September 07, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       9/7/15

Even though you are a unique human being, you are not so unique that your recovery is any different then thousands before you. If you think we don't understand something about your situation, then your disease is playing tricks on you.

I am unique, just like everyone else.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1319 on: September 06, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     9/6/15

Anger can be a source of personal power for people. When you get angry at God or others, even yourself, you feel the energy and you feel strong, not the helplessness of tears. Anger is a form of emotional denial.

Anger 'may be the dubious luxury of normal men' but it is not for me. (P 66, AA Big Book)

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1318 on: September 05, 2015, 02:11:02 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote         9/5/15

'There are no deals being offered here. You cannot trade the courage needed to live every moment for immunity from life's sorrows.' ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer, The Invitation.

To gain that worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1317 on: September 04, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     9/4/15

Road rage and recovery rage are closely associated. People, places, and things get in our way and we freak. When the rage begins, quickly ask yourself, 'What would my guardian angel do now?'

My DUI's are no longer under the influence of alcohol. Today, I Drive Under the Influence of Angels.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1316 on: September 03, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     9/3/15

Although we must be of service to our fellow drunk and junkie, although we want the hand of recovery to be there when they reach out, although we must give back what was so freely given to us, we cannot do for them what they must do for themselves.

I carry the message, I don't carry the drunk; however, if necessary, I carry the drunk to the message.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1315 on: September 02, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     9/2/15

Recovery is not an event; it is a process. The disease of addiction affects all three aspects of our physical, mental, and spiritual selves by changing our behavior (to self-destruction), thinking (to self-serving), and allegiance (to no purpose). It was a slow debilitating process. Recovery is the same slow process in reverse.

I am in the process of changing my behavior to self-construction, my thoughts to service, and my allegiance from no purpose' to a higher purpose.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:42:35 PM by CD »

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1314 on: September 01, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote    9/1/15

Your life works FOR you. It hones you, teaches you, and makes you a better person. Nothing in your life happens to you, but for you.

This isn't happening to me, but for me.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1313 on: August 31, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote        8/31/15

Relapse is part of recovery: NOT! What the fellowships say is keep coming back SOBER. Members warn of the very real danger of that last relapse: stepping in front of a car or bus, overdosing, being institutionalized, and death! The truth is, any relapse can be your last. Never kid yourself, relapse is part of the disease process, not part of our recovery process.

I do not help people work on their recovery by OKing working on their disease. OK

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1312 on: August 28, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     8/28/15

When you are having trouble doing one day at a time and it feels as though several days have attacked you at once, realize that nothing except your own thoughts can really attack. In fact, it is only your own thoughts that can prove to you that you have not been attacked or singled out unfairly.

I counter thoughts of 'unfairness' with the realization that I am very lucky the world has not paid me back for all the wrongs I've caused.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1311 on: August 27, 2015, 11:23:06 AM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     8/27/15

Harold Kushner, author of When Bad Things Happen To Good People said that pain is the price we pay for being alive. So instead of wondering why we feel pain, more correctly we should ask, 'What can I do to make my pain mean something more than suffering?'

A No Pain; No Gain/Know Pain; Know Gain