Author Topic: Can you sponsor a family member and / or close friend  (Read 1946 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Can you sponsor a family member and / or close friend
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
 8) 8) 8)  All replies are true ,it could cause difficulties amongst all concerned .  8) 8) 8)
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline The Recovering Vegan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:16:07 AM »
I don't think I could ever do it, besides theres enough ppl in NA that if one of the ppl in my family wanted to get a sponsor thy can find one like I had to, not to say I would not give them a ride and introduce them to the program but it would be like me sponsoring my self right back into the insanity part of the disease.
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
Very good answer ,a walking character defect .I tried sponsoring an old using friend.One cannot lie to one who know's there ways .It did not work,He worked his program,I worked mine.I'm clean and friend is incarserated .
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline Monkey

• Administrator
    • http://classicindiealternative.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
It created allot of stress in the situation I was in.
I could not live by the principles I needed,and became a walking character defect

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Can you sponsor a family member and / or close friend
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:52:07 PM »
Can you sponsor a family member and/or close friend? Have you ever sponsored someone close to you?