Author Topic: Sponsorship Is A Two Way Street  (Read 1692 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Sponsorship Is A Two Way Street
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
“Our earliest involvements with others often begin with our sponsor.�  Basic Text pg. 55
As a newcomer, fresh from the biggest spiritual beat-down of my life, I was in no shape to guide
myself to recovery through the 12 steps, or thi s new, drug-fee lifestyle. Following the suggestions of
the program, I took a risk and asked someone to help me.
I must have driven my sponsor crazy by calling all the time. I was a kid in this new way of
life; I didn’t know how to live clean, mush less by spiritual principles. I needed someone to share
what I was thinking with, someone that I could trust not to judge or analyze everything I did.
Someone who had experienced life on life’s terms and stayed clean.
As he guided me through the steps- and demonstrated how to live by the principles within
them- I gradually became less sponsor-dependent and more God-reliant.
Now after nearly three years with my sponsor, I have been given the chance to experience
the other side of the coin, by working the steps with a sponsee. I only pray that I can give back what
has been so freely given to me.
- Mike S.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .