Author Topic: We go to meetings for relief; we work the steps for recovery"  (Read 1837 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: We go to meetings for relief; we work the steps for recovery"
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
 8) 8) 8)   By going to a meeting we get that dose of recovery that we only get at a meeting , although we work our step work at home , meeting are where we practice what we learn from step work .   8) 8) 8)
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline Slice

• Administrator
  • Cant save your face and your ass at the same time.
    • navoices.com Welcome to WEcovery!
We go to meetings for relief; we work the steps for recovery"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »
"We go to meetings for relief;
we work the steps for recovery"

It happens every time - I always feel better after a meeting. Regardless of what's going on, or what my mood is, after a meeting I always feel more centered, more connected, and more at peace. The only problem is, this relief doesn't last.

I was taught a long time ago that meetings were an important part of my recovery, but they wouldn't give me recovery. Only working the steps would do that. Working the steps cause a transformation of my personality, which leads to a spiritual experience. And it is this spiritual experience that gives me recovery.

Even though I have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state, I am reminded that I still have a disease. This is where meetings help me. When I become irritable, restless or discontent, I know that my regular meeting schedule provides the relief I need.

And I know that by continuing to work my program, I will keep the recovery that saves my life.