Author Topic: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote  (Read 162744 times)

Offline CD

• NA Literature Collector , Domestic Enginner
  • Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
Re: Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote
« Reply #1280 on: July 17, 2015, 05:57:02 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       7/17/15

No God; No Peace. Know God; Know Peace.

My program teaches me that I will have peace of mind in the exact proportion of the peace of mind I bring into the lives of others.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1279 on: July 12, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       7/12/15

No one wants to hear the Sermon on the Mount or Zen philosophy when they're trying to save their ass. They want to know what to do not hear words of wisdom. Tell them what you did.

I do not get so spiritual, that I am of no earthly value.
Being stuck way up north I read literature do service in my area,region,and homegroup.New friends new ways of life.Left old friend out there same old story they have .Like helping newcomers , I was one once,have to give back what was freely given to me .

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1278 on: July 11, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »
7/11/15            Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

90 meetings in 90 days is not nearly enough. Tell newcomers to always catch a ride or give a ride to their daily meeting. This way they get a meeting on the way to the meeting, a meeting during the meeting, and a meeting on the way home. That makes 270 meetings in the first 90 days!

Who am I taking to a meeting tonight?

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1277 on: July 10, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »
7/10/15               Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

If you have one hand in the fellowship and one hand in your Higher Power's, you can't pick up today.

I put my hand in my Higher Power's by saying. 'Thy will not mine be done;' I put my hand in the fellowship by saying 'I'll be there, at the next meeting.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1276 on: July 09, 2015, 11:35:31 AM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote          7/9/ 15

A main theme in most spiritual traditions states that the best way to get what you want is to provide it for another. If you want serenity, make it peaceful and serene for another. Do you want a feeling of safety? Provide a safe place for another. Do you want to understand what has happened? Help another to understand.

I teach best what I most need to learn.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1275 on: July 08, 2015, 10:24:07 PM »
7/8/15       Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

It doesn't pay to argue with 'slippers' about the proper way of getting clean and sober. Why should people who are still drinking and drugging tell those who are sober why it can't be done! We learn not to get in a pissing contest with a skunk. (or should we say drunk!)

The only thing I need to tell a drunk is how I got sober. I can't tell him or her how they will get sober, because I don't know.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1274 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:29 AM »
7/7/15   Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Deal with the small stuff or it will deal with you. Do not allow the small stuff to pile up on the camel's back. Take each situation that bothers you and deal with that as one unit, not as the straw that breaks the camel's back.

When I feel it, I deal with it and then can heal from it.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1273 on: July 05, 2015, 04:28:40 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      7/5/15

Try broadening your spiritual path by making your relationship with the Divine proactive. Ask not what the Universe can do for you, but rather what you can do for the Universe! Begin the morning with: Hi World, what can I do for You today?

Asking what I can do for the Creative Source will serve us both better than simply seeking what can be done for me.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1272 on: July 04, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       7/4/15

We make two great choices in life: one, the decision to get clean and sober; the other, the choice to stay that way.

God, as I understand You, help me stay away from that first fix, pill, drink, smoke, or snort for this hour.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1271 on: July 03, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      7/3/15

When you start the day with quiet meditation, you create a consciousness of serenity and peace. At anytime during the day you can bring your mind back to this moment.

When things get hectic or stressful, I bring my awareness back to the peace that I create now.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1270 on: April 16, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote       4/16/15

There will be many times when nothing anyone does, including yourself, seems right. But these 'nothing is ever right' times pass like a cloud over-head. Do not make decisions until the cloud passes, so that you make them in the full light of your good senses.

I do not make decisions when 'nothing is going right. How can my decision be right if nothing else is?

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1269 on: April 09, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     4/9/15

One of the joys of this program is the path it provides us with to do the right thing. Our steps don't give us a whole lot of room for justifications. There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

I learn to do the next right thing, not the next 'me' thing.

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1268 on: April 04, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     4/4/15

The diversity of people seeking recovery is extraordinary. Whether an old salty dog, young gang member, grandparent, or teen with attitude, we remember: as cancer is no respecter of victims, neither is addiction. Same disease, same recovery.

'We all came on different ships, but we're all on the same boat now.'
~Martin Luther King

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1267 on: April 01, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote     4/1/15

The best remedy for anger is delay.

I don't use my 'claws when agitated,' I learn to 'pause when agitated.'
(P 87, AA Big Book)

Offline CD

• Administrator
  • Together We Can !!!
« Reply #1266 on: March 31, 2015, 05:54:17 PM »
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote      3/31/2015

The person you were will use again. That is why you must 'smash all your old ideas so that the new you is a member of the program, not the person you were. The person you were was a practicing alcoholic. The person you are is not.

Some people say that the 12 Steps brain wash us. Thank God, because that's how I got clean!